Thursday 10 February 2011

Positive thinking

Hopefully anyone who knows me and reads my blog would know that I'm a fairly positive person. However I have been feeling a little bit down over the past couple of days, so what's caused this? It's not the fact that my treatment has made me loose my appetite and makes me feel nauseous, or that most normal aspects of my life have been put on hold.... it's other peoples attitudes to life.

On the Internet these days there are a lot of social networking sites that can let you share your every thought or feeling. This is all very well until you get people who post nothing but negative things. "I'm tired", "I have a bit of a cold" etc...

I don't like posting negative things, mainly because it's not the kind of person I am, and I also think no one will be interested. If you have nothing good to say, don't say anything at all.

I know my current situation is not ideal, but there are people in the world a lot worse off than me. I'm grateful for all the thing I do have: A wonderful girlfriend, great friends and family, a lovely home and a good job.

People do take these normal things for granted at times, and get caught up in the here and now. At the end of the days we are only human. This reminds me of a course I once took at work, part of it included Maslow's hierarchy of needs, there is a wiki article you can read on it here.

I won't go into details as the wiki article does this more justice than I ever could, all I'm trying to say is that we all get very settled in our part of the pyramid, and take the lower levels for granted. As I'm currently doing battle near the bottom of the pyramid where my healths concerned it's given me a chance to reflect what's truly important and matters in life. This just leaves me to quote "Live everyday as if it were your last, as you don't know what's round the corner"

As for the negative social networking people, they have now been removed as I have no time for people like that in my life.

My next blog will be back to my normal entertaining standards, once I think of something to write about.. ideas on a postcard please.

1 comment:

  1. aarrrggghhh dam internet just wrote you a message and it lost it so as I almost killed a printer today already I'll just say I wanted to share my friends blog with you, I think she is very positive too and her drs suggested she write an online diary to help her live with bipolar,

    http://themothafuckinprincess.blogspot.com/

    let me know what you think, speak soon Nicola x

    ReplyDelete