Sunday 3 April 2011

Getting back to life

Hello again blog readers. First of all I must apologise for recent lack of blogging. It's been over a month since I last blogged, it's a lot easier to find inspiration for blogs when you are bored out of your mind stuck in hospital or at home.

Here's the latest update from me on my status. The last time I "spoke' to you I just finished my last lot of "3 day evil chemo". Since then I have now finished all my chemo, and had the CT scan. The result from that was good news, the chemo has done it's job, and I'm just left with a small lump in my stomach, no more than 2cm. With any luck this lump will either stay the same size, or turn to scar tissue and shrink over a period of time. A watchful eye will be kept on this. The good news for now is that I won't have to have any major surgery for the forceable future. This means my life can start getting back on track and I will be able to enjoy the summer.

I'm planning to return to work tomorrow, this will probably come as a shock to the system, but I'm looking forward to seeing everyone again and getting some routine back into my life. There are a number of things I'm looking forward to doing over the next month, these include:


  • Eating - Now my appetite is coming back I can get back to eating proper meals. I'm going out to eat next weekend and already have steak and chips pre-ordered. Yum!
  • Drinking - It's been quite a while since I have been able to let my (lack of) hair down and enjoy a night out on the town.
  • Gigging - As I might have mentioned before I play bass in a band. I'm looking forward to getting back to playing and entertaining folks of Weymouth.

So from now on I might actually write some non cancer related blogs, but will be sure to keep you updated with any progress or news.

3 comments:

  1. Hello my love, I found your blog via facebook and was quite shocked!! I'm really pleased your treatment has worked and your feeling well. What a nightmare for you and your family. Puts everything we fuss about pale into sillyness xx Take it easy going back to work.
    Life here in Launceston plods on. Ben works in D S Smith and I work in the hospital so we are all quite close to home.
    The children and I have been writting a blog 'the lovely langs' and are using it as a diary of our very strange and random lifes hehe We decided that at the end of the year we are going to have it printed so we can keep it and laugh at what we have done in 10 or so years when they are all old and leaving home!!!
    I hope you have a fantasic summer and put the stress behind you and have as much fun as you can fit in.
    Lots of love and best wishes from Karen (was Sleeman) and Ben Lang xxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh I write as much as I speak hehe A novel!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am really pleased that you have been given the all clear. That is fantastic news! As I told Lolou at the Philofaxy meet up, I found your outlook and positive attitude through it all truly inspiring. All the best ;-) I look forward to more of your blogging.

    ReplyDelete